Child Protection Policy
City Cabs (Edinburgh) Ltd
Leslie McVay, Company Secretary
The Children’s Act 1989 defines a Young Person as being under the age of 18.
- City Cabs (Edinburgh) Ltd understands the moral and legal responsibilities to implement procedures to provide a service of care and safeguard the wellbeing of young people.
- The welfare of young persons is of our primary concern.
- We respect and promote the rights, wishes, and feelings of all our younger customers.
- We aim to ensure that all young people, no matter what their age, culture, disability, gender, language, race, or religion are provided with the safe and friendly service of City Cabs (Edinburgh) Ltd.
- City Cabs (Edinburgh) Ltd aim to develop positive attitudes in order to protect all children and young people who travel using our service enabling them to arrive at their destination safe and satisfied.
- We encourage our staff, members, and drivers to safeguard and protect young people from abuse and themselves against false allegations.
- CCTV is used in our head office (1 Atholl Place, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 8HP) and in some of our Member’s taxis. Please see our Privacy Notice for specific info regarding our use of CCTV.
- City Cabs (Edinburgh) Ltd requires all drivers, prior to joining the company, to obtain Enhanced Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland (must be less than 3 years old) and must have Childcare Certification and Protecting Vulnerable Groups Certification. This is to ensure that we safeguard and protect the welfare of our younger customers.
- We accept that it is the responsibility of each of our drivers to ensure the safety of all of our younger customers.
- It is the responsibility of child protection professionals to determine whether or not abuse has taken place however, it is everyone’s responsibility to report any concerns.
- Confidentiality should be upheld in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Human Rights Act 2002, the Freedom of Information Act 2000, and, as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).