City Cabs have been serving Edinburgh since 1925 and it’s something we’re incredibly proud of.
Twenty-five taxi drivers got together in September 1925 and decided to form an Association to benefit the Edinburgh Taxi Trade. It started with 87 members and the joining fee was 1 Guinea. The original minutes for the first meeting held on 13th September 1925 are at City Cabs office at 1 Atholl Place, Edinburgh.
The first official Committee Meeting was held on 27th September 1925 at 14 Frederick Street and the first bank account for the Association was opened on 19th October 1925 with Commercial Bank on Easter Road, the first deposit was £62.13. Since 1925 City Cabs have always striven to be the leader in our field through the provision of a high customer service level and a continued willingness to innovate.
Despite the fact that technology dictates a continuing change to our method of operation, through new designs in vehicles and data equipment, the commitment to our customers has never and will never waver.
City Cabs currently has over 400 members in the Association and over 1100 registered drivers.
for making it possible!